Saturday, July 23, 2016

Chapter 22: Time-Lapse

If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 22: Time-Lapse 


Isaac and I didn't speak much after our freshman year of university. He dedicated all of his time to his studies, family, and that Nigerian girl.


Of course I missed him, at least at first. The issue with not talking for long periods at a time is that the longer it is, the more awkward it becomes to say something. You're less sure of where you two stand and what you have in common. I was initially saddened, but how could I (or anyone for that matter) be sad when they have someone as beautiful as Rosella in their lives?


She really brought out a side of me I never even knew existed. Sophomore year I switched my major to Video Game Design. I was much more passionate about what I was studying now. For the first time in my entire life, I felt certain of what the next step was.


I couldn't take any steps without Lory though. I visited her whenever I could while in college. She seemed to grow up so fast.


I changed my attire to something more 'dad-appropriate' whenever I saw her. I just wanted to be sure that she saw me as a mature adult in her life rather than the scared kid I felt like.


University soon ended and Rosella and I were still together. This was the longest relationship either of us had ever been in. We were both scared to death. But even more than that, we were excited, happy, and in love. We purchased a starter home together. It was Rosella's idea to rent a home on the same peninsula that Rayven and Lory lived on. This way I could be more active in my daughter's life. We made major decisions together. I had proposed to Rosella in university, but we still hadn't married. Rosella thought we should've just eloped freshman year. I wanted to wait until after we graduated, moved into a house, and were both financially stable. We were both artists. This is a beautiful and frustrating thing to share. Finding work was a bit of a struggle, especially for me.


None of that mattered though. We were so right for each other.


Our house was comfortably small, plenty for just the two of us.


Our backyard was nice as well. We had chosen this home so that when we had children, there would be ample play area. Everything seemed to be falling into place.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see him happy .. BTW are you still in reading circle?

    ReplyDelete