Monday, July 18, 2016

Chapter 20: A New World

If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 20: A New World


A few months pass and the second semester of university begins. All this time, I had been fantasizing about Rosella. I was so afraid of going after someone my friend liked. Then I realized that I shouldn't feel guilty about my feelings, Isaac's made it incredibly clear that he is not interested in dating her. I saw her in the commons and decided to go over. I spent weeks alone in my dorm making sure I would say the right thing without sounding stupid. I took a deep breath and started, "Rosella, you are beautiful and any man would be lucky to have you. I'd like for that lucky man to be me". Before I could continue, she gave me a kiss on the cheek. I laughed nervously, guess I'll take that as a yes.


Even though Isaac said he'd be around more, he still wasn't. I understood, he was on the pre-med track after-all. If he wasn't in the library studying, then he was with Marissa. They'd be on dates or he'd be watching her piano recital. Though it was a frustrating time, I knew it was only temporary. At least, I hoped it was.


Jacen and I became friends through Rosella. He would usually be our third musketeer when Isaac was too busy. Jacen would always brag about his girlfriend. Said she was cute with a wicked personality and obscure taste in music.  After hearing him go on and on about her for weeks, curiosity took over and I asked to see a picture of her.


I tried to not allow my jaw to hit the floor when I saw her. Everything he said was true. He was dating Robyn. Multiple emotions hit me simultaneously. At first, I was shocked. I hadn't seen or even thought about Robyn in months and when I do see her, she is set as the wallpaper on some dude's phone. I was confused. Jacen told me they met at some underground concert, but I wasn't really listening. Her hair was still a bright turquoise, only now it had grown to her shoulders. Everything she seemed to wear were ripped, torn, or acid washed clothing. I didn't feel love when I looked at her though. I no longer desired her. The ten year crush was a curse that had finally been lifted and I was so relieved. I didn't want or need someone like that in my life, I have Rosella now.


Rosella was big on the club scene. She'd gather a group of people and we would all head out to bars.


Though the bar scene wasn't really for me, Rosella loved it. She was an insider and could always get us anywhere at anytime. I found something so alluring about that look she'd get in her eyes from nightclubs. It kept drawing me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment