Monday, July 18, 2016

Chapter 21: Spinning

If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 21: Spinning



Partying wasn't really my style. While Rosella and her friend were living it up on the dancefloor, I'd be playing 'Don't Wake the Llama' in the back.


The few times I did break out of my comfort zone were really fun and she loved it. I'd have a couple drinks and then start dancing like an octopus. It was a side of me that no one had seen before, even I hadn't.


Though Rosella was an insider, sometimes she'd still have to flirt in order to get us in the bars. Initially, I thought it was pretty weird and I got jealous. After a while, I just became used to it. I even got used to the guys that would just stare at her. Who could blame them? She was radiant.


Most nights would end when someone passed out. That someone, was usually Jacen. It was a mixture between excessive drinking and sleep deprivation (since we stayed out until 5 in the morning most nights).


Though I always knew she was an insider, I didn't know just how much Rosella loved to go out. We'd go out at least four times a week. Didn't matter if there were exams the next day or if I was incredibly tired. If I didn't go with her, she'd laugh playfully and accuse me of never being any fun. I just wanted to keep her happy.


It quickly became a cycle. Class, partying, and sleep. Unfortunately, if any of those one things had to suffer, it was usually class.


After a night of heavy drinking and staying up for so long, I lashed out at Rosella. I told her that I was getting annoyed with this lifestyle and that it was either parties or me. I immediately regretted it as soon as I saw her lower lip tremble. I told her that I was just drunk and tired, that I didn't really mean it, but she knew that wasn't completely true. She held my hands to calm me and said it was alright if I wanted to stay back at the dorms more. She told me that she didn't want me to feel the need to change myself for her.


We spent the rest of that night snuggling. I couldn't believe how lucky I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment