Saturday, July 2, 2016

Chapter 15: Starting Over



If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger


Chapter 15: Starting Over


Senior year was quickly coming to an end and I refused to end high-school feeling alone. I needed to learn to live with the fact that Robyn was no longer in my life.  I didn't want to lose Isaac again though. I saw him in the library after school and knew I needed to talk to him. His tone was so angry and accusatory that for a brief moment, I almost decided against speaking to him.


However, I knew what was right. I told him that I regret blindly supporting Robyn that night when I didn't know the entire story. I told him the reason why things have been different between us since she showed up. I was embarrassed and feared that Isaac may not even forgive me.


He merely smiled, understandingly. We both agreed to never let another girl get between us like this.


We began going through our phones, scanning through pictures from the past 4 years. High school was ending, but I was comforted because our friendship was not.


Because we hadn't spoken in so long, Isaac didn't know that I had been accepted to the same university as him. I started off with faking bad news. I told him how distraught I'd been since they rejected me. Isaac panicked for a second before I admitted the truth. For some reason he didn't think my joke was as funny as I did.


We then began planning college together. We talked about how we'd be roommates at Willow Creek University and the classes we planned to sign up for. I told him how I had decided that during the summer, I'd spend time with Rayven and our daughter Lory. We ended our little reunion by talking about Robyn. We both agreed that at this point in time, neither of us even wanted her anymore. She had obviously gone crazy.


I just wished Robyn hadn't heard us.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Robyn .. reality check girl .. cannot act this way and NOT have guys think that way.

    ReplyDelete