Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Chapter 9: Expect the Unexpected


If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 9: Expect the Unexpected


I told Isaac all about the fun Rayven and I had on the trip and how she ended up calling a few weeks later.


Rayven had called and told me that she was pregnant. She took a test and even went to her doctor, there was no mistaking it. She was expecting and I would soon become a father. 


I knew that I had to tell my grandmother. I'm an awful liar and even though I knew she'd be disappointed, she deserved to hear the truth.  I brought it up one night at dinner.


She was furious. She told me that I wasn't raised this way and that I should be ashamed. She said I would forever be an embarrassment to the family. She told me that since I made the decision to "act like an adult", then I can live without her like an adult. 


I tried to calm her down. I apologized for my actions and told her that I wish I could take it all back. She wasn't listening though, her mind had already been made up.


I told Isaac that this was why his friendship was so crucial to me right now. Then, I eased into the tough subject of asking to be his house guest.  


After thinking about it, he agreed.  Said I could crash on their luxury sofa for as long as I needed to. I knew Isaac wouldn't let me down. 

2 comments:

  1. poor granny .. heartbroken :( but she will love the baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, the dreaded did occur... kinda harsh of grandma to kick him out but life is hard, we all know it is.

    ReplyDelete