Monday, June 20, 2016

Chapter 2: Almost Later



If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 2:  Almost Later


Eventually, time passed, 10 years in-fact. I was now a junior in high-school. I met Isaac in middle school at after school tutoring - we were both awful at math - and bonded ever since.  I sometimes thought of Robyn when I remembered childhood, but for the most part, I just accepted the fact that we would probably never meet again.


Isaac and I related to each other because we were both fairly awkward and introverted. It's a nice feeling to have a best friend.  You both see each other across the classroom during group assignments, nod, and just know you're gonna work together.  That was a feeling I hadn't experienced until meeting Isaac.


 We hung out together all of the time. Isaac's family was pretty well-off, both of his parents were neurosurgeons. I won't lie, that was a nice added benefit of being his friend.  


We would watch television, play video games, and compete against each other in darts. High school had seemed pretty decent so far.  I wonder what I would've done differently if I knew what second semester of junior year had in store for me, Isaac, 


and Robyn. 


3 comments:

  1. I really like how this is building up :) and am keen to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is building up to be something explosive, I'm sure. Both boys are going to be in love with Robyn. This can't be good, not good at all.

    ReplyDelete