Monday, June 20, 2016

Chapter 3: Crushed



If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 3: Crushed


The moment she walked through the door, I was shocked.  Initially, I was excited because I thought that our class had a cute new girl. When she began waving at me was when I realized that it was Robyn. We embraced and began catching each other up on the last decade of our lives. However, it didn't take long for me to notice who she had been subtly watching out of the corner of her eye. It was Isaac. "Want me to introduce you?" The more the merrier, right? I thought it was pretty cool that she wanted to be friends with Isaac, that way we could all hang out together. Be the three amigos or something. However, I realized that was a slim possibility once Isaac and Robyn began talking, they couldn't take their eyes off each other. 


A few weeks pass and Isaac calls me over in the hallway.  He says there's something that he wants my opinion on.  He tells me that he has feelings for Robyn. I'd be lying if I said I was completely surprised, however, I still didn't want to hear it. He tells me about how she gives him this feeling of complete warmth that he's never had before, and I pretend that I don't feel it as well. I merely support him. 


Isaac knows how to lay the charm on thick and before long, they are constantly together. They're in the classroom displaying way too much PDA for me. I try to play it off.


I just laugh or pretend to be disgusted. I'm hoping to fool not only them, but also myself into believing that my feelings do not exist. They shouldn't exist anyway. This is stupid. I am actually holding onto a ten year long crush for what?


And what type of fate is this?  The guy she chooses is him. Why does it have to be Isaac of all people? 


All I can do is sit in the corner, hiding my feelings, hoping that one day she will see in me what I've always seen in her.


3 comments:

  1. I really feel for the protagonist here. There is little hope knowing she will marry Isaac eventually :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I feel so bad for Logan. His crush and his best friend together...ouch! :( And he's trying to be a gentleman and is hiding his feelings. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly he may have built up a one sided relationship ...

    ReplyDelete