Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Chapter 4: All that Glitters isn't Gold



If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 4:  All that Glitters isn't Gold


Isaac and Robyn have been going steady for a couple of months now. I've learned to accept it and live with it.  I have also gotten much better at feigning interest when Isaac tells me about how much of a stallion he is with Robyn in the bedroom. I've even stopped rolling my eyes when he goes into detail.  Excruciating detail.


Perhaps it's a good thing that Isaac is with Robyn.  Now I no longer have to hold on to these unrequited feelings. Instead, I can go after this girl named Jaz that I met in study hall.


She was easily one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen.  Her eyes were captivating, her smile mesmerizing, and her personality was even more pleasing.  


I was smiling and laughing again.  For the first time in a long time, I felt like me again.


We could talk for hours about nothing.  We would hang out all day during school and then she'd head over to my apartment at night.  We would just stare up at the stars, thinking about how small we were in comparison to the rest of the world. She was one of the most intelligent people I had ever met. The type of girl you could joke around with like buddies, talk with as intellectuals, and kiss like lovers.


It seemed as if everything was going well.


Everyone was content. 


Teenage years are meant to be turbulent, but right now surely doesn't feel that way.


It is satisfying to know that my happiness


aligns with my friends' happiness.

2 comments:

  1. I wish it would work out with Jaz, but something tells me they won't be happy for long. I wonder where this is going to lead.

    ReplyDelete