Thursday, June 30, 2016

Chapter 10: Repaired



If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 10: Repaired


The only downside about staying with Isaac, aside from sleeping on the couch, is that now watching their love wasn't just confined to school hours. Whenever they were together, I was right there.

 
Isaac would usually gesture for me to go away. Robyn and I still weren't on speaking terms ever since I yelled at her last year. The front door of Isaac's house opened directly into his living room, their hook-up venue of choice. I would just awkwardly walk in on them and try to leave swiftly without embarrassing myself too much. I was usually unsuccessful.


One day after school, I left my backpack and returned to the classroom to get it. Much to my surprise, I walked in on Robyn and our teacher Mr. Danielson. Let's just say, she was being taught beyond the average lesson plan.


Isaac had soccer practice that day and Robyn had forgotten and showed up to his place anyway.  I took advantage of our alone time. I told her that I knew what was going on. She pretended to be clueless for a while before admitting to cheating on Isaac.


"Logan, I promise it was a one time thing. Sometimes my love with Isaac just feels so one-sided. I doubt he'd even notice my cheating. Or care. All of this doubt I have about our relationship just kinda turned into that. I don't expect you to know what it feels like to love someone so much."


I simply nodded and promised not to tell. I don't know why I did it, if anything I owed loyalty to Isaac over her, but what would telling him accomplish? He'd overthink everything or he'd think I was lying. Either outcome was negative.


She was ecstatic and we hugged each other. It felt like the first time in forever. We were back on good terms and it was wonderful.

1 comment: