Friday, June 24, 2016

Chapter 7: The Field Trip



If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 7:  The Field Trip


The school year ended similarly to how life was before I met Robyn. I was alone.  I was relieved when summer came along because even though I was still alone, I wouldn't have to see everyone else. Seeing Isaac made me jealous.  Seeing Robyn made me feel hurt.  Seeing Jaz made me feel ashamed. Our final year of high-school started with our teaching announcing a field trip. Apparently the school found some extra money in the budget and were able to send us to an island right off the coast. They said we would gain experience with marine life and it was an opportunity that couldn't be passed up.  I was excited and ready to go somewhere new.  Hopefully I could finally get my mind off of everything that happened last year. 


The first sight I see on the island is Robyn and Isaac. I'm not entirely sure what happened that night between them, but apparently it wasn't bad enough to break up over. Isaac has tried to reach out to me, but I just can't talk to him like I used to.  I can't pretend that everything is alright, even though he thinks it is. Sure, it's probably unfair because it's not like Isaac knew I liked Robyn, maybe I'm just being immature


Things seemed to be working out for Jaz as well. She was quick to befriend Matias, the school's foreign exchange student. It seemed as if she had completely forgotten about me. I had no right to be angry or envious though. I lost her and it was my own fault.


I left the rest of the group and wandered around aimlessly for hours. 


Eventually, I saw a girl that made me stop in my tracks. Her eyes were absolutely mesmerizing and I had never encountered someone that looked quite like her. My family was quite conservative, the entire town was actually, so seeing someone with dyed hair was almost unheard of.  This was part of what fueled my attraction.


She was very approachable and quite engaging. I discovered that her name was Rayven.  We talked for hours and I learned how different we were. I was introverted and an overthinker while she was an outspoken, go-with-the-flow kind of girl. 


She taught me how not to think.  We didn't stop to ask questions.  


We just went with it. 

4 comments:

  1. Uh oh! Logan alone and then on the rebound...not good. I think Logan bit off a bit more than he could chew with Rayven. She's very...colorful. LOL! I think Logan may be headed for a spot of trouble.

    I'm sure it had to be hard for him to see everyone moving on with life while he remains out of sorts. I can see how he doesn't want to speak to either Robyn or Isaac. Even though he's not sure of everything that happened, things are now awkward and uncomfortable. It'll be interesting to see how all of this pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little cotton-candy is adorable!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got me hanging on every word... so cute to get a glimpse of this, for me long gone and forgotten, teen drama teehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that Matias... *fans self* Can't blame Jaz there at all!

    ReplyDelete