Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Chapter 8: What Happens Far Away Stays Far Away



If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 8: What Happens Far Away Stays Far Away


Shortly after the Field Trip, my behavior began to change. I stopped showing up to school completely for a while. 


Apparently, people did still care.  Especially Robyn.  She would often tell Isaac of how she worried about me. 

  
After missing school for about a month straight, I returned. What had happened was too much for me to continue stressing over.  I needed to reach out to a friend.  I needed Isaac back.  I apologized profusely. He was angry.  "You just stopped talking to me last year. You cancelled all of our plans. You isolated yourself from Jaz, from Robyn, and even from me without any explanation. Why do you suddenly wanna talk again?"


I told him that I just needed someone willing to listen.  I told him that seeing him and Robyn together after my breakup was just unpleasant, so that's why I stopped hanging out.  At least this wasn't a complete lie. After listening to me for a while, he reluctantly forgave me. Now, I could tell him about what was really on my mind.  The reason behind my absence.


It all started with a call I got one morning before school.


A call that shook me up so badly that the best I could do was to try to run away from my problems.

2 comments:

  1. ??? sounds mysterious .. nice little cliff hanger ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, such a cliffhanger. Hoping it's no baby bumps with candy floss ;)

    ReplyDelete