Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Chapter 31: Feeling Sick

If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 31: Feeling Sick


Ever since the wedding fiasco, I've stopped focusing on Robyn. I'm working on myself for the first time ever. I'm looking within. I finally realized what I wanted to do with my life. I want to be a teacher. Since I received a degree in art, that's what I'm capable of teaching. I've been offered a job at Lory's old elementary school. I wanted to share the good news with my grandmother. I know that she's not going to be around forever. She's never seen me actually reach my full potential until now.


I decided to bring Lory on the trip. My grandma had never seen Lory in person until today. I'm so proud of Lory, she's grown up to be such a wonderful young lady. She is at the top of her class and never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes I can't believe that we share the same genes. I always beg her to not screw things up like I did.


Lory and grandma seemed to hit it off well. I'm quite glad they did because just a few weeks later she passed away. It was almost as if she was delaying her death until she saw my daughter and I succeed.


I've started to feel pretty awful physically and emotionally ever since she died. My back's been aching, I'm always tired, and now I've found blood in my urine. I need to go to the doctor.


I wasn't prepared for what she told me. I have Polycystic Kidney Disease. It isn't a severe case, and there are treatments, but it is incurable. Apparently it's genetic and I will live out the rest of my days suffering from it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment