Monday, August 15, 2016

Chapter 28: Tempted

If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger

Chapter 28: Tempted


I could just picture those puppy-dog eyes of his. They really pop against his pink shirt.



He'd smile nervously, hoping that things were going well.


She'd smile back, pretending to be unaware of how anxious he was feeling. Her brown eyes would soften him even further. Robyn just had this way of smiling with her eyes that was both sweet and sultry.


I don't know why I'm even focusing on that right now. It's not like I was even there at the moment. I was with Moa. Actually, I had been with Moa a lot recently.


We would argue endlessly about philosophy, religion, politics, and the planet. Our beliefs always seemed to clash. We got on each other's nerves in the right way. I was actually beginning to learn a thing or two from this girl.


I was walking into my room in the night when I was tempted.


She stepped away from the bed and sat in my chair. She didn't say a single word. She didn't have to. Her intentions were clear. She wanted to sleep together. I gulped as I began to consider this opportunity. I was twenty-seven years old at the time. Moa was nineteen. This is completely legal, but why am I feeling slightly guilty? She's an adult. I glanced over at her, biting my lip, the temptation was strong.


"Are you sure about this?" I really didn't want to sound like her dad, but I couldn't help it. I couldn't help but think about how she was still in primary school when I had entered college. Though we were both adults, we were not at the same places in life. Was this an okay thing to do? She simply responded with an, "Of course."


We started off pretty slow. I told myself that we probably shouldn't go all the way tonight.


One thing casually led to another though.


It was all a sensual blur. I remember waking up early in the morning in Moa's bed. The first thing I see is the scared expression that sweeps across her face as she glances at the bed. Crap. Crap. Crap. I just boinked my roommate. I just bunked my nineteen year old roommate. What's worse, the memories of the night began rushing back. I had imagined that it was Robyn the entire night. I might've even called out Robyn's name by accident. I looked back at Moa and I clearly saw the pain in her eyes.
I was officially scum. I had hit rock bottom.


On the brighter side of things, my best friend finally worked up the courage to propose to the love of my life. She said yes. They scheduled the ceremony for one year from that date. 

Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment