Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chapter 3: Mixed Signals

If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger
Chapter 3: Mixed Signals


Once I introduced Robyn to Issac, everything seemed to become bad.  Robyn and I just reunited after being separated for years, and now she'd rather spend all of her time with my best friend...how is that fair...?  I would just watch them talk.  I wasn't jealous though, you have to like someone in order to be jealous and I didn't like Robyn...



I didn't like her...no matter how cute she looked when she was confused in class.



Or when she was doing work...



Or when she was talking to Issac.....fine I did like Robyn...but it wasn't like she liked me...



Every time I tried talking to Robyn or Issac, they were too busy having their own conversation to even acknowledge me.  Eventually I stopped trying to talk to them at all.



One day Robyn called me and asked I we could meet up at the park,  she said she had to tell me something very important.



When I arrived at the park I saw Robyn sitting on one of the swings alone, looking at the ground.  I carefully made my way towards her and sat on the swing closest to her.



She didn't look up to acknowledge me.  We sat in silence for several minutes while thoughts raced through my mind about what she wanted to tell me.   Was she going to apologize about forgetting about me?  Did something horrible happen?  Why is she telling me instead of Issac?
Finally she broke the silence by saying
"Logan, I think I love this guy, but I'm not sure if he feels the same..."



My heart began to beat faster, was she possibly talking about me?  Then Robyn spoke something that made my heart sink.   "Could you talk to Issac and ask if feels the same about me?"  In that one second after hearing those words I could feel my heart break.  I couldn't just sit there and listen to Robyn say that.  I walked away without answering her question.








Hi, thanks for reading! Feel sorry for Logan yet? Just wait, you're going to really feel bad for him in the next few chapters!  And you're going to want to kill Issac! 

2 comments:

  1. why are your chapters so short???? I want to know more I need to know more!!!!! You are such a tease dragging this out :(. LOL

    I feel really bad for him and what kind of friends are they to start ignoring him. He's the third wheel and they were both his friends first. I have a feeling this story is going to break my heart before it gets to the happy parts.

    Looking forward to the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD oh my gosh I feel bad for him :(

    ReplyDelete